Back to School Information
New for 2019-2020 - Back to School Registration will be Online
In an effort to streamline the back to school process and cut down on paper forms, registration for families will take place online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Registration will begin in August and parents will be notified via email with instructions for logging in and registering their student for the school year. Computers will be available at the Back to School Registration nights if you are unable to register before that date.
PLEASE NOTE: TEACHER ASSIGNMENTS IN POWERSCHOOL ARE NOT FINAL AS CHANGES ARE BEING MADE ON A DAILY BASIS.
Back to School
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
(click to expand each section for more details)
- STEP 1 - Create a PowerSchool Parent Account
- STEP 2 - BEFORE AUGUST 16th - Register Students Online for School
- STEP 3 - Review Immunization and other Medical Forms
- STEP 4 - Attend the Back to School Fair - Thursday August 22
Please note - Our PowerSchool Parent Portal is closed until August 1st. If you would like assistance creating an account before then, please email email@example.com.
All families that did not have an account already set up were sent emails and flyers with information on starting their account. These messages contained a unique ID and password to link your student to your account. If you did not receive this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org,
Please visit www.FallsSchools.org/Parents and log in to your PowerSchool Parent account. Instructions to create new accounts or link students to current accounts can also be found there. If you have any problems, please email: email@example.com.
Computers will be available at the Back to School Registration nights if you are unable to register before that date.
All parents will need to register their student online for the 2019-2010 school year, where you can updated your demographic information, update your child's medical records and pay school fees. Computers will be available at the Back to School Registration nights if you are unable to register before that date.
Please log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on the annual re-registration icon on the left side menu.
If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Immunization forms will be sent home in August. Please update, sign and return to the Back to School Fair.
2) In the online registration, if you indicated any prescription or non prescription medication that is required to be taken at school, or if you indicated any medical conditions that require a care plan, please visit our District Nurse page to get the necessary required documents completed.
All forms need to filled out and resubmitted at the beginning of every school year. These forms should be turned into the health room staff at the Back to School Fair, or brought to the office. It is important that these forms be submitted before the first day of school.
Ben Franklin's Back to School Fair is Thursday August 22nd from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. At the fair you will be able to:
- Have school photos taken. Save time by ordering your photos online here.
- Pay school fees if you did not do so online.
- View class lists. (Teacher assignments will be emailed August 17th if online registration in step 2 is complete.)
- Complete and turn in required health forms and speak to health room staff if needed.
- Get information regarding transportation and food service.
- Join the PTO and get information about other community programs.
- Complete your volunteer forms and submit ID for background check. These are required to be submitted at the start of the each school year. Volunteer forms can be downloaded here or will be available at registration night.
If you are unable to attend the back to school fair, please make arrangements with the school office to turn in any required forms before the first day of school. School pictures will be retaken in October.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Bus Routes and Transportation Information
- Teacher Assigments
- Sign up for Elementary Assessments - August 29-30
- Ben Franklin School Supply List
- Ben Franklin & District Calendars
- School Nutrition
- Frequently Asked Questions
- High School, Middle School, and Other Elementary Back to School Dates and Links
Elementary Student Assessments is a time for teachers to meet with their students and gather information on their skills in math and reading. It allows the teacher to determine appropriate learning pathways, before class begins, without taking time out of classroom instruction. Testing will take approximately 30 minutes.
If students are unavailable during these dates, they will be assessed during class in the first few weeks of school.
Use these links to sign up for a time slot after you receive your teacher assignments.
- 4K Ready, Set Go Conference - Wednesday, August 28- Friday, August 30
- 5K-2nd Grade Elementary Student Assessments - Thursday, August 29 and Friday, August 30**
**For students placed in Mr. Wizner's class, please see your email regarding available dates and times.
If you pre-ordered School Supply Packs, they will be available to be picked up at the Back to School Fair. School supplies that are not picked up will be delivered to the students classroom for the first day of school.
Click here to see the BF Supply List for 4K.
Click here to see the BF Supply List for 5K-2nd Grade.
These lists should also be available at Menomonee Falls area stores in the school supply sections.
What if I cannot attend the Back To School Fair on August 14?
You may drop off forms at the Ben Franklin office starting Monday Aug 20th. We will be open Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Students will have a chance to have school pictures taken in late September.
How does drop-off and pick-up work at Ben Franklin? What if I have a student at both Riverside and Ben Franklin?
The drop-off and pickup times at Riverside are busy times and safety is our number one priority. Please watch this brief video outlining our procedures. (Click here to see the procedure at Riverside)
If you have students at both Riverside and Ben Franklin, we suggest that you pickup at Ben Franklin first and then go to Riverside. Please be patient the first few weeks of school as families and students get used to the routine. All students are typically picked up and busses were loaded and on their way home typically within 15 minutes of dismissal.
We require that all students be picked up by 4:00 pm. We understand that sometimes parents might be late, so just give us a call. However if the student is being picked up late more than just a few times, we will ask that you enroll them into an after school program.
Who do I contact if my child will be absent?
If the absence is scheduled in advance, please send a note with your child with the child's full name, teacher name, date and reason for the absence. If your child is ill or going to be late to school, please leave an absence voicemail before 9:00 am by calling 262-255-8470
What is the difference between being tardy or leaving early vs being marked absent?
Students that arrive more than 30 minutes late, or leave more than 30 minutes early will be marked with a 1/2 day absence. If they arrive or leave within that 30 minute window, they will be marked Tardy or Left Early.
If a student leaves in the middle of the day for an appointment and then returns, they will be marked with a 1/2 day absence if they are gone longer than 30 minutes.
How do I let the school know that my child will be late, will be leaving early or there is change to their end of day routine?
Please send a note with your child with the date, child full name, teacher name and the pickup details. If there is a change that needs to be made during the day, please call school at 262-255-8470 before 3pm if at all possible. Last minute requests can be disruptive to the classroom and should be avoided if possible. To minimize the loss of learning time for students and congestion in the office, we will call students to the office AFTER you arrive at the school to sign them out. Please plan accordingly and allow at least 5 minutes for students to arrive to the office after you arrive.
Is there after or before school care at Ben Franklin?
Students may be dropped off at school no earlier than 8:30 am and must be picked up by 4:00 pm. If students need before or after school care, the CE&Rec department runs the Kids Inc program on site. For more information and to sign up, please visit the CE&Rec website.
Many of the local area daycares also provide shuttle service for students to Ben Franklin.
When will the school office be open? What if I have other questions related to Back to School?
The Ben Franklin office will reopen to normal business hours on August 20. If you have questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the district office at 262-255-8440.
Back to School Registration and Links:
- Shady Lane Elementary (4K - 2nd): Wed, Aug 14th, 2:00 - 7:00 p.m
- Riverside Elementary (3rd - 5th): Wed, Aug 21st, 3:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Valley View Elementary (3rd - 5th): Tues, Aug 13th, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- North Middle School - (6th - 8th): Tues, Aug 20, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. or Wed August 21, 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- Menomonee Falls High School
- 9th - 10th grade: Mon, Aug 19, 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- 11th - 12th grade: Tues, Aug 20, 9:00 - 2:00 p.m
- or Wed, Aug 28 - 8 a.m. - Noon