Annual Meeting & Budget Hearing
The School District of Menomonee Falls held its Annual Meeting and Budget Hearing on September 11, 2023 at 6:05 p.m., at the Menomonee Falls High School auditorium. The School District of Menomonee Falls starts its fiscal year on July 1. The budget for the School District of Menomonee Falls is voted on by the community in September of each year at the Annual Meeting and provided to our municipality in November. In December, the board begins working on budget priorities for the coming year by following the budget timeline. The annual budget is not officially adopted until October of each year, because the major factors that impact the budget development (i.e. revenue limit calculation, final equalization aid, equalized property values and student enrollment) are not available until October of each year.
Budget Goals & Priorities:
- Improve student achievement and staff performance with continuous improvement focus in all divisions and levels
- Ensure appropriate class size ratios and prioritize student programming for successful college and career transitions
- Sustain efficient and effective operations in all divisions and levels
- Focus resources on strategic improvement priorities
- Safeguard the taxpayer’s investment through high organizational performance
The graphs below reflect SDMF's preliminary 2023-24 budget. As key budget factors are finalized in October each year, the final 2023-24 budget and tax levy is set to be approved on October 23, 2023.