Student School Board Members
Application deadline: September 13, 2023, Please mail all application materials to:
Student School Board Member
c/o School District of Menomonee Falls W156 N8480 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
The Board of Education recognizes the unique perspective held by students regarding issues impacting the School District. Therefore, the Board shall welcome a Student School Board Member. This student shall provide a student viewpoint on agenda items discussed at regularly scheduled Board meetings, but may not make or vote on motions per state law.
Expectations and responsibilities for the Student School Board Member are as follows:
- Serve as a non-voting Board Member for a term of one school year.
- Attend only open meetings of the Board.
- Sit at the Board table, participate freely in discussion, answer questions and request items be placed on the agenda in the same manner as elected Board Members, but provide the viewpoint of a student.
- Be a junior or senior at the high school and available to begin his/her term at the start of the school year.
- Be selected by the school board through an application process designed by the Board including recommendations and interview.
- Demonstrate consistent attendance at Board Meetings. Televised board meetings are the 2nd and 4th Monday nights at 6:30 p.m. at the Village Hall or virtually as necessary.
- Communicate Board actions or discussions of interest to students by submitting informational bulletins to the high school newspaper.
- Review relevant materials and be prepared for each meeting.
- Participate in special projects as requested by either the Board or the Superintendent. For example, Student School Board member will act as a host for the Fall and Spring Continuous Improvement Tours.