The School District of Menomonee Falls is committed to ensuring a safe learning environment for our students, staff, and community. Our safety plans and practices are in place to prepare our school community for a potential crisis, including:
- School Resource Officers (SRO) from the Menomonee Falls Police Department are in our buildings.
- District and school-level Crisis Teams meet regularly to review our safety plans and procedures for protecting our students and staff from dangers in a crisis.
- All external doors at our buildings are locked during school hours.
- Safe and secure entrances to all school offices.
- Visitors entering our schools are required to present an official ID such as a driver’s license, which will be scanned or manually entered into the Raptor system.
- All schools perform emergency drills on a regular basis.
The SUSO threat reporting system is available 24/7 and is free to all.
Students, parents, school staff and community members can submit a school safety concern by downloading the SUSO app (Android and iOS), visiting speakup.widoj.gov or by calling 1-800-MY-SUSO-1 or Text “SUSO” to 738477 to report a tip (Text messages will not be received via 1-800-MY-SUSO-1). To place Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) calls, dial 711.
Resource Center staff work around-the-clock to respond to reports and to deploy a response locally by communicating directly with school administrators, law enforcement and counselors.