Curriculum & Learning
What does Curriculum & Learning Do?
The department of Curriculum & Learning not only oversees the development of course offerings in the district but also provides instructional coaching, personal development that aids in the improvement of classrooms and hosts our twice-annual Continuous Improvement site visits.
To build capacity in staff and purposefully implement and support effective educational practices that increase student learning.
As a group, to accomplish our mission we will support the district through:
- Effectively utilizing the strengths of the team to meet goals
- Systematically collaborating to increase effectiveness and capacity
- Developing structures for advocacy and empowerment so that all students are successful academically and personally and have the skills to transition to their post-secondary plan and beyond
- Utilizing data to align the system, PreK-12
- Promoting a culture of improvement and learning
- Teachers will perform optimally if they have the tools and strategies to do so.
- “Students” learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Professional growth should be continual for all adult learners.
- Reflection drives continuous improvement.
- Clear targets make a positive difference.
- Goal setting matters.
- Everyone plays a role.