School Closure (COVID-19)
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the unknown timeframe of the COVID-19 situation. The SDMF will assess event cancellations and communicate information with you as soon as decisions are made. We are hoping to make decisions on whether or not to cancel events three to four weeks ahead of time. If you have questions about a specific school event, please call your child’s school.
May 22, 2020 | Falls Summer Academy
The School District of Menomonee Falls will offer virtual Falls Summer Academy courses from June 22, 2020 through July 24, 2020 (no school July 6-10, 2020).
Please check the Falls Summer Academy website for additional information. If you have questions about Falls Summer Academy 2020, please email Laura Alva Garcia at email@example.com.
As COVID-19 concerns continue to evolve around the world, we will consistently monitor the situation and take direction from the Waukesha County Health and Human Services Department and the CDC. Waukesha County Health and Human Services Department currently identifies Waukesha County as a low risk area. At this time, we are not aware of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our community.
We will continue to provide families and staff with updates on COVID-19, and share additional information or guidelines provided by public health officials. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to maintain a healthy learning environment.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends the following ways to minimize the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- CDC recommends that travelers avoid all travel to China.
- What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- How is COVID-19 Spread?
- Can someone who has COVID-19 Spread the Illness to Others?
- How can I protect myself?
- What preventative actions is SDMF taking to help stop the spread of COVID-19?
- When should I keep my child home from school?
- Should I cancel my travel plans for spring break?
- Will my child be able to return to school after traveling?