- 17-18 Testing Dates
- Info Videos
- Student Intro to MAP Testing
- MAP testing outside of the testing window
What is my Username?
Your username will be your district e-mail address. When your account is created, you will receive an e-mail with your username and a temporary password. The first time you login, you will be asked to change your password.
How do I change my password?
Use the Change Password link on the top of the MARC page next to where you Logout.
What do I do if I forget my username or password?
Click on the Forgot User Name/Password? link on the login page.
Can I take the test as if I were a student?
Yes, staff can test as a student between the testing windows. Real student accounts should never be used. Steps to test between testing windows here.
What are the test names for students in grades 2-5?
- Growth: Math 2-5 CCSS 2010 V2
- Growth: Reading 2-5 CCSS 2010 V3
- Growth: Math 6+ CCSS 2010 V2
- Growth: Reading 6+ CCSS 2010 V3
Press Ctrl+Shift+L on the student's keyboard and log in as the proctor to submit a Problem Item Report (PIR). Then Click Resume to send the PIR and resume testing.
You can read the following instructions to students before you administer the MAP® assessments as a guide to explain MAP testing concepts. These instructions are generalized to apply to various MAP tests and MAP for Primary Grades (MPG) tests.
Warm-up Test: Consider having students complete the sample questions in the test warm-up. On the Join Session page, students click Test Warm-Up.
General MAP Testing
This is not a timed test, and you will have enough time to read and answer all the questions. Give this test your best effort. Some questions will be easy, and others will be more difficult. You cannot get all the answers correct, but that is okay. If you really do not know the answer to a question, try to eliminate some answer choices, and then choose the best answer out of the remaining options. You do need to answer all questions. Some important things to remember as you are taking the test are:
- After you sign in, please raise your hand if your computer screen does not show your name.
- Before you click the Next button, you may change your mind about an answer and click on as many answers to a question as you like. But, once you click Next or press the Enter key, you are finished with that question. Your answer is locked into the system, and you cannot change it or go back to a question you have already answered.
- If you come across a question that appears to be missing answers, questions, or instructions, raise your hand for help.
On some (but not all) test questions, a calculator tool appears at the top. You can click the calculator picture to open an on-screen calculator that helps you answer the question. If you are unsure about a word in a question, raise your hand for help.
I can pronounce the word for you, but I cannot tell you what the word means or explain any math symbols.
Reading and Language Usage Testing
If a reading passage is too long to fit on the screen, use the scroll bar on the right side of the passage to scroll down and display the rest of the passage and questions about it. Sometimes the same passage is repeated with a different question, so do not skip the question because the passage is the same.
Web Based MAP Testing Outside of the Testing Window
Computers Used for Testing The computer must have the NWEA Lockdown Browser installed. Steps to check if the lockdown browser is installed:
- Start Button Programs or All Programs
- Lock Down Browser
If the Lock Down Browser is not installed, submit a BWD ticket (Class – Computers). Indicate which computer(s) you need to have the NWEA Lock Down Browser installed on.
Teacher Testing as a Student
Never test using a real student’s account. Available between testing windows. A Proctor administers the tests. Submit a BigWebDesk ticket (Class – NWEA MAP) to request a student account, include:
- Teacher name
- Grade they will test at
- Date you expect to test (accounts will be available for 10 days)
- Proctor name
Placement Testing Incoming Students
- Available between testing windows.
- Proctor administers the tests.
Steps to Proctor MAP Tests The following are steps needed to proctor MAP tests.
1) Building Administrator’s approval.
2) View the MAP Proctor training videos on district webpage; (Staff tab, Web Based MAP Testing link) You will need a login to the site prior to watching training videos.
Building Administrator appoints a current proctor to train new proctor.
3) After completing training, summit a BigWebDesk ticket (Class – NWEA MAP) to request a proctor account, include:
- Approval from Principal (attach or send e-mail).
- How you were trained or who trained you.