Falls Pride Friday5
March 13, 2020
1. The School District of Menomonee Falls will close its school facilities to students starting on Monday, March 16 and move to alternative learning including virtual access to education, based on the recommendations to limit gatherings of people over 250 in response to the COVID-19 situation. Our schools consistently exceed that parameter. This preemptive dismissal strategy promotes social distancing to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep our students and community safe. The risk of infection in our community is presently low and this action will help us keep it that way.
Students will receive communication from teachers on Monday, March 16, 2020, specific to alternative instruction. Spring break will continue as planned from March 23 - 27, 2020. We will send updated information on school facility closing as additional information becomes available. This closure also includes programs through Menomonee Falls Community Education and Recreation. Click here to read the March 13 letter to families
2. MFHS junior class officers announced the mascot for MFHS….Click here to find out!
3. Congrats to our Varsity Rocket League team on advancing to State! Jack Linke, Ryan Kruk (Captain), and Cal Kershner defeated Racine Park in a 3-0 sweep to advance to the final 4 at state!
4. The deadline to submit nominations for the Employee of the Year Award is March 16, 2020! Recognize an employee for Quality Work/Innovation/Student Achievement/Teamwork/Customer Service/Communication Health/Safety/Cares for Others. https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSe60ypL5OPx4TcZG…/viewform…
5. From MFHS Athletics:
- Congratulations to both the boys and girls bowling teams! Over the weekend, the girls placed 7th at the state tournament and the boys placed 9th.
- Congratulations to Meghan Todd, Drew Gersmeyer, and Miranda Knabe for competing in the WIAA Division 1 Individual State Competition.
- Drew Gersmeyer (Falls) finished 2nd on balance beam!! Drew broke the beam school record (AGAIN) with a 9.717 today!
- Miranda Knabe (Germantown High School (Wisconsin)) finished 2nd on vault, 2nd on bars, tied for 3rd on beam, and is the STATE ALL AROUND CHAMPION with a 38.15!