Back to School Information
New for 2019-2020 - Back to School Registration will be Online
In an effort to streamline the back to school process and cut down on paper forms, registration for families will take place online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Registration will begin in August and parents will be notified via email with instructions for logging in and registering their student for the school year. Computers will be available at the Back to School Registration nights if you are unable to register before that date.
PLEASE NOTE: CLASS SCHEDULES OR TEACHER ASSIGNMENTS IN POWERSCHOOL ARE NOT FINAL AS CHANGES ARE BEING MADE ON A DAILY BASIS. IF YOU PAID YOUR SCHOOL FEES ONLINE PRIOR TO AUGUST 5TH YOU ONLY PAID THE REGISTRATION FEES. THE INVOICE YOU RECEIVE IN THE MAIL WILL HAVE COURSE FEES ASSIGNED.
NORTH'S BACK TO SCHOOL PACKET WAS MAILED ON AUGUST 6TH.
Back to School
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
(click to expand each section for more details)
- Step 1 - Create a PowerSchool Parent Account
- STEP 2 - BEFORE AUGUST 19th - Register Students Online for School
- STEP 3 - Review Immunization and other required Medical Forms
- STEP 4 - Attend Back to School Registration - Tuesday Aug 20 or Wednesday Aug 21
All families that did not have an account already set up were sent emails and flyers with information on starting their account. These messages contained a unique ID and password to link your student to your account. If you did not receive this information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org,
Please visit www.FallsSchools.org/Parents and log in to your PowerSchool Parent account. Instructions to create new accounts or link students to current accounts can also be found there. If you have any problems, please email email@example.com.
Computers will be available at the Back to School Registration nights if you are unable to register before that date.
All parents will need to register their student online for the 2019-2020 school year. You will update your demographic information, update your child's medical records and pay school fees. Don't forget to add on the optional Yearbook ($16) fee when paying fees online. Computers will be available at the Back to School Registration nights if you are unable to register beforehand.
Please log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on the annual re-registration icon on the left side menu.
If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Immunization forms will be mailed home in August. Please sign and return these at one of the Back to School Registration dates.
INCOMING 6th GRADERS: The Tdap Booster immunization is needed for all incoming 6th graders. All 6th grade students must have this before the first day of school. If a date is not listed by the Tdap Booster on our school immunization record that means that your student has not received it or we do not have record of it.
2) In the online registration, if you indicated any prescription or non prescription medication that is required to be taken at school, or if you indicated any medical conditions that require a care plan, please visit our District Nurse page to get the necessary required documents completed.
All forms need to be filled out and resubmitted at the beginning of every school year. These forms should be turned into the health room staff at the Back to School Registration or brought to the office. It is important that these forms be submitted before the first day of school.
Registration for back to school at North will be on Tuesday, Aug.20th from 4-8pm or Wednesday, Aug.21st from 8am - 12pm. At Back to School Registration, you will:
- Have school photos taken. Save time by ordering your photos online here.
- Pay school fees if you did not do so online. Remember to add on optional fees such as the yearbook fee.
- Receive student schedule.
- Complete and turn in required health forms and speak to health room staff if needed.
- Get information regarding transportation and food service.
- Join the PTSO, purchase North spirit wear and get information about other community programs.
- Get more information about Activities and Athletics available at North Middle School.
- Complete your volunteer forms and submit ID for background check. These are required to be submitted at the start of the each school year. Volunteer forms can be downloaded here or will be available at registration night.
If you are unable to attend the back to school registration, you can drop off the required forms in the school office beginning Thursday, Aug.22nd. School pictures will be retaken in October.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- School Supply List
- NEW for 2019-2020: Updated Cell Phone Policy
- NEW for 2019: First Day of School Schedule
- Bus Routes and Transportation Information
- North School Year Calendars
- School Nutrition
- High School, and Elementary Back to School Dates and Links
First Day of School - Tuesday September 3
All students will report to school at the regularly scheduled morning start time of 7:15am. The 7th/8th graders will be dismissed prior to lunch at 10:50am. 6th graders and WEB leaders will have a full day of school with a regular dismissal time of 2:34pm.
6th graders and WEB leaders - Full Day - 7:15 a.m - 2:34 p.m.
- Line up on Garfield Drive and wait to be escorted into the building
- 7:15 a.m. - 10:35 a.m. - Orientation with Flex classes
- 10:35 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Lunch
- 11:30 a.m. - 2:20 p.m. - WEB activities
- 2:20 p.m. - 2:34 p.m. - Dismissal from Flex
7th and 8th graders - 1/2 day - 7:15am - 10:50am.
- Bus riders will be picked up at their normal pickup time.
- Line up on Garfield and wait for the bell to signal before entering the building.
- No lunch will be served.
Back to School Registration and Links:
- Ben Franklin Elementary (4K - 2nd): Thurs, Aug 22nd, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m
- Shady Lane Elementary (4K - 2nd): Wed, Aug 14th, 2:00 - 7:00 p.m
- Valley View Elementary (3rd - 5th): Tues, Aug 13th, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- North Middle School - (6th - 8th): Tues, Aug 20, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. or Wed August 21, 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- Menomonee Falls High School
- 9th - 10th grade: Mon, Aug 19, 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- 11th - 12th grade: Tues, Aug 20, 9:00 - 2:00 p.m
- or Wed, Aug 28 - 8 a.m. - Noon