Our Falls Schools have been a part of the Village of Menomonee Falls for more than 135 years.
The first graduating class of Menomonee Falls is actually older than the village itself, by a whole decade, making the School District of Menomonee Falls one of the longest-standing institutions of the village.
Our first graduating class was in 1882, comprised of just two students, sisters Eliza and Carrie Beringer. Our alumni are recognized as world-class athletes, politicians, famous actors, writers, musicians, community leaders and activists and, as we see it, pretty great people.
Our school district has gone through hundreds of changes in our 135+ years, moving with the ebb and flow of student enrollment. Throughout the 1960s, most of our current schools were built to keep up with the boom in population in the village. At its peak, Falls Schools served 8,260 students in the 72-73 school year. Currently we serve approximately 4,000 students.
- Menomonee Falls High School
- North Middle School
- Ben Franklin Elementary
- Riverside Elementary
- Shady Lane Elementary
- Valley View Elementary
Menomonee Falls High School was built in 1969 and at the time was one of two high schools in Menomonee Falls. It was known as Menomonee Falls East and held 80 classrooms serving grades 9-12 as well as a gymnasium, auditorium and pool. In the 1980s the two high schools merged into the current school. In the early 2000s an addition was made to MFHS that included new office space with a secured entry as well as an auxiliary gym.
Ben Franklin Elementary was built in 1963 and originally held K-5th grades. With an addition to the building in 1966 it also held grades 6-8. In total the building hosted 62 classrooms along with a library, cafeteria and gymnasium. Currently, Ben Franklin hosts grades 4K-2 and is a partner school to Riverside Elementary.
Shady Lane Elementary was built in 1960 with an addition in 1962 and held a total of 32 classrooms serving grades K5-5. In 2017 an addition was completed for Shady Lane's new offices, providing a secure entrance off of the school's parking lot. Currently, Shady Lane serves grades 4K-2 and is a partner to Valley View.
Valley View Elementary was built in 1966 and served grades K5-K. Valley View was closed for a time in the (DATE) and was reopened in (DATE). Currently it serves grades 3-5 and is a partner school to Shady Lane Elementary
- Bailey School
- Lincoln School
- Nelson School
- North Hills School
- Oakwood School
- Sunnyside School
- Thomas Jefferson School
- Hiawatha School
Lincoln School, formerly located at N88W16913 Main St, was built in 1921 and held 24 classrooms and a gymnasium. It's considered one of the "original" schools in Menomonee Falls with the first structure being built there in 1895 and destroyed in 1920 by a fire. In the 1960s it held grades 9-12.
Thomas Jefferson School
Thomas Jefferson School, formerly located at W165N8301, was built in 1963 and held 43 classrooms, a cafeteria, gymnasium and a language lab. It served grades 6-8. In the 1980s it served as the main offices for Community Education & Recreation. In the 1990s it served as the main offices for District Administration. TJ as it was fondly called, was utilized by CE&Rec for classes and activities until it was closed and demolished in 2016.
Hiawatha School, formerly located at N84W16379, was built in 1957 with an addition completed in 1961. It had 17 classrooms and served grades K-5. In 1977 Hiawatha was closed and repurposed to office space. In the 1980s Hiawatha served as the District Administrative offices. Hiawatha was closed completely in 2009 and demolished in 2016.